Monday, June 25, 2012

Front Door Clean-up

A few days ago I was inspired to clean up the wood on my front door.  I used Watco's Rejuvenation Oil as recommended by my realtor.  I was pleasantly surprised by the results!
Check out the process below:


Step 1: Wipe down door with mildly soapy water.  Here's my front door before the clean up.


Step 2: Follow directions on bottle to apply oil.  Watco brand says to apply with a soft cloth, then wipe down with a clean soft cloth after 10 minutes.
 Here's my front door after the shine-up.
Front door before and after.

Do you have a more natural way of cleaning up wood?  Share it with me!

1 comment:

  1. Your front door certainly shone after the clean up! Good job! Wooden doors are good addition to homes. They are naturally attractive and give matchless texture and styling to the space. But like any other natural furniture, it needs a constant maintenance to keep its natural beauty. Aside from using rejuvenating oil, try to look for natural-made wood polishers and cleaning agents. Harsh chemicals might damage the materials, making the wood brittle and might leave an unpleasant stain.

    ReplyDelete