Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos

I love ideas.  I love electronic hoarding.  I love Pinterest.  I have over 100 boards and over 5,000 pins. (Should I admit that?)  The key to justifying the horrendous amount of boards and pins acquired is to actually test the pins.  One of the first recipes I tested was Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos.  I tried it because the description said it was only three ingredients. Really? Can it really be that good?  Oh girl.

The recipe I pinned was from Chocolate Therapy, and originally from Tasty Kitchen.  If you try anything this week, try this recipe.  It will change your life!

What you will need:
  • 6 chicken breasts--frozen or fresh
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning--or make your own if you don't have one on hand.  A great recipe over at All Recipes will do the trick!  I've used it often and I omit the salt to help cut back on the sodium.
  • 1 16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
Instructions: Put all of the above ingredients into a crock-pot and cook for 4-6 hours, depending on if you're using frozen or fresh chicken.  Stir occasionally.  It will fall apart and shred easily when it's ready.

I serve the chicken with tortillas, cheese, avocado, black beans, tomato, fresh cilantro and sour cream.  Believe me, you will want to make this at least once a month, if not once a week...or more.  Just sayin'!

Dig in, friends!
Want to see all 5,000+ pins?  Follow me on Pinterest!  
www.pinterest.com/tacojulieromero.  

No comments:

Post a Comment